It's impossible to agree with everything and always. People inevitably enter into conflicts and prove that it is their point of view that is the very ultimate truth. In this article, we will talk in detail about the meaning of the word "dispute". Perhaps it is not very pleasant. But they say that it is in him that the truth is born.
So, if you are completely unfamiliar with the noun "dispute", we advise you to definitely turn to any explanatory dictionary for help. It contains all the words that only exist in speech. With it, you will be able to determine what is the exact interpretation of the one you are interested in.
In this case, we are dealing with the word "dispute". Its meaning is recorded in Ozhegov's dictionary. This speech unit has two meanings:
- Discussion of an issue, verbal competition. People often do not agree when discussing this or that issue. They passionately prove their opinion, give arguments that can not always be called constructive.
- The disagreement thatresolved in a court of law. There are some issues that cannot be settled face to face. You have to turn to Themis. She decides who is right and who is left with the nose. Disputes can open on completely different issues. For example, to divide the inheritance, to establish the boundaries of a personal plot.
We hope you now understand the meaning of the word "dispute". But it’s not enough just to open a dictionary and memorize the interpretation. You also need to learn how to apply the speech unit in practice. How to do it? It is recommended to use it in sentences:
- The reason for your dispute is so insignificant that I don't even want to delve into it.
- Alas, the dispute may not be resolved in our favor, our lawyer is much weaker.
- Remember that any dispute, no matter how bitter, can be resolved with a simple compromise.
We will not do without words that are close in meaning. They slightly diversify your speech. Here are the synonyms for the word "dispute" it is permissible to choose:
- Disagreement. In order to avoid any disagreement, we have decided to be as discreet as possible.
- Conflict. The conflict was loud, people looked at us in surprise.
- Process. The lawsuit, fortunately, ended in our favor.
- Controversy. Your controversy is meaningless, you have no evidence.
You can easily replace the noun "argument" with such synonyms. note thatsome words are not interchangeable. They are only suitable for a certain context.