2009 was a triumphant year for the Chelyabinsk Higher Military Automobile Command Engineering School. Then the educational institution received the status of the best among other military institutions of the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation, supervised by the Main Armored Directorate. And a year later, in July 2010, the Minister of Defense issued an order to close ChVVAKIU, according to which the institution was liquidated on October 1 of the same year. Only 4 years later, the military institute managed to emerge from oblivion. Now, in a different capacity, the Chelyabinsk Military Automobile Institute trains personnel for the Armed Forces. ChVAI address: Sverdlovsky prospect, 28a.
What is the Red Barracks?
The complex of old red brick buildings is located on the territory of ChVAI in Chelyabinsk. The military town wasbuilt on Simeonovskaya Gorka specifically for the 196th Insarsky Infantry Regiment. The barracks, opened on 1913-09-12, still amaze with its special architecture.
Besides, they are witnesses of interesting events in the history of Chelyabinsk:
- 1916–1917 - revolutionary S. M. Zwilling worked as a gunsmith in the Red Barracks.
- 1917-1918 - from September to May, a detachment of Chelyabinsk Red Guards was stationed here.
- 1918 (May) - 1919 (July) - the barracks were captured by the insurgent Czechoslovak Corps, led by Lieutenant Colonel S.N. Voitsekhovsky.
About the old school
The history of the school began in the forties of the war. From the first days of the war, the complex of facilities and the territory of the institution were used to train individual ski formations of the Urals: brigades and battalions. From the 42nd to the 44th, a military school worked in the Red Barracks of Chelyabinsk, which trained aircraft mechanics. The official history of the educational institution began on June 16, 1944. Since August of the same year, they began to train autotractor technicians for the Red Army artillery.
Marshal Zhukov visited this institution four times in the post-war years 1948-1955. A small school for the training of technical officers eventually transformed into a large military university. From the end of the 60s, professional training of commanders began here. A decade later, the training of engineers for the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation started. For the entire existence of the Chelyabinsk Higher Military Automobile Commandabout two tens of thousands of motor officers were trained in the engineering school.
Recent history of the institution
The buildings of the Red Barracks, and with them the more modern new buildings, have long been occupied by a military institute. The institution, equipped with the latest technology, produced competent officers who were ready to serve in the Armed Forces, equipped with modern technical means. Unfortunately, the Chelyabinsk Higher Military Automobile Command Engineering School, which at one time was named after the military leader P. A. Rotmistrov, was disbanded in 2010. Most of the barracks and educational buildings began to simply collapse and fall into disrepair. The townspeople did not want to put up with this state of affairs. Alumni and leadership were extremely outraged.
Then an amateur video of graduates appeared on the network, telling about desolation in a military school in Chelyabinsk. The film and the active position of many people contributed to the revival of the school.
Start of revival
On the first of December 2014, an important event took place. A solemn rally and a beautiful drill march marked the beginning of a new stage in the history of ChVAI. The Chelyabinsk Military Automobile Institute, which survived four years of oblivion, got a chance for revival. In the empty buildings of the institution, liquidated by the former Ministry of Defense V. Serdyukov, a training center, transferred from Omsk, began to work. From now on, junior armored personnel will be trained here.services. An interesting fact remains that when the ChVAI was closed in 2010, after the official farewell ceremony with the banner of all the half-educated cadets, they were sent to the Omsk Tank Engineering Institute to study the speci alty of military auto engineers. All those guys and other graduates believed in the revival of their Chelyabinsk school and wrote letters to Sergei Shoigu, the new Minister of Defense of the Russian Federation. Veterans of the automobile school, headed by its ex-head Igor Murog, said they would strive to revive the institute as a whole.
The training center is only the first stage, it will be followed by the return from Omsk "home" of the department that trains military motorists. Perhaps in the future the military university will peacefully coexist here with the training center, because the premises of the institution are designed for 2800 cadets.
Omsk training camp in ChVAI
The training center is designed for special training of privates and sergeants, military personnel, both conscripts and contract soldiers in the RF Armed Forces. Part is a structural subdivision of the armored engineering institute of Omsk. For 4.5 months, conscript cadets acquire military speci alties related to the operation of complex military equipment, learn to drive armored personnel carriers and military trucks, after which they are distributed to military units. European conditions have been created for soldiers on the basis of the former Chelyabinsk Higher Military Automobile Command Engineering School.
Enter the new Chelyabinskarmored training center, as well as in the automotive institute, is impossible. The military registration and enlistment offices themselves send soldiers who begin military service for training.
Funds are needed to completely update the educational and material base of the Chelyabinsk Military School. Then it will be possible to resume high-quality training of motorists for the armed forces of the Russian Federation. Such specialists are in great demand, since the bulk of military equipment still moves on wheels.