Sneaky is an adverb. It indicates the course of action. Not everyone can specify what exactly this word means. In this article, we will reveal the lexical meaning of the adverb "ste althily", we will indicate several examples of the use of this word in sentences. We will also additionally give examples of synonyms.
To find out what meaning the adverb "ste althy" is endowed with, let's turn to Ozhegov's dictionary. It contains the exact definition of this language unit:
- secretly from others;
That is, some action is performed secretly, so that no one will know. The activity of spies immediately comes to mind. They also carry out their tasks as discreetly as possible.
It should be noted that "sneaky" is an adverb that is acceptable for colloquial use.
Examples of usage
Now let's consolidate the interpretation of the adverb "ste althily" with example sentences.
We surreptitiously looked at the newcomers: it was two men in dark suits and ties
- The cat ste althily pulled the cutlet off the table.
- This spy furtively followed the ruler.
- The mother wept furtively and thought about the plight of her child.
- We secretly laughed at the clown's jokes.
- The audience peeped into the hall, waiting for an unforgettable performance.
In some cases, you may need synonyms for the adverb "ste alth". With these words you can replace the speech unit.
- On the sly. It is impossible to solve such important matters on the sly.
- Sneak. The dog slithered through the door and quickly ran out into the street.
- Thievishly. The suspicious type looked around like a thief and entered the gate.
- Secretly. We managed to secretly peep the results, but we were no longer able to change anything.
These are the synonyms you can replace the word "sneak". But you must ensure that the synonym is not out of context. He should replace the adverb with "ste alth" as accurately as possible so that the meaning of your statement does not change.